The Clinical Experiences Partner will support the Teacher Pathways & Development teams’ efforts to expand access to high quality preservice teaching experiences across DPS. Working in close collaboration with central teams and schools, the Clinical Experiences Partner will also collaborate closely with Denver’s primary teacher preparation programs in order to align programs to meet the needs of DPS, place teacher candidates in schools best positioned to develop teacher talent, and match teacher candidates with excellent mentor teachers. The Clinical Experiences Partner must demonstrate strong instructional and operational skills as the role requires strategic partnership building and stakeholder engagement, data management, and coaching at multiple levels.
- Under the leadership of the Manager of Clinical Experiences, and in close collaboration with departments across the district, implement effective preservice teacher supports aligned with broader priorities and structures for teacher development across the district.
- Cultivate school-based partnerships to support preservice teacher candidates, and collaborate with the school’s Instructional Leadership Team (ILT) to support programmatic matters, including building school investment in program and troubleshooting challenges as necessary.
- Develop and implement reporting tools to support preservice teacher growth: Work with school-based mentors, school leaders, and leaders with applicable teacher prep program(s) to share information about teacher candidate growth opportunities in order to maximize pre-service teacher effectiveness.
- Create and implement systems, processes, and policies for assessing and evaluating preservice teachers; coach/mentor performance, including mechanisms for formal and ongoing feedback, reflection, and goal-setting.
- Design and deliver professional learning for mentor teachers and preservice teachers in coordination with expectations for early career teacher development, in close coordination with overall professional learning priorities and planning for all teachers.
- Create and sustain investment of coaches and host schools in the program and the success of pre-service teachers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of effective teaching in an urban setting; teaching experience in DPS preferred.
- Leadership experience within an educational setting, including but not limited to service on a school leadership team, leading professional development, planning school-wide initiatives, etc., preferred.
- Experience in designing, planning, and implementing short- and long-range programs, establishing priorities, and organizing resources on large, complex, multi-year initiatives.
- Experience influencing and motivating others towards shared objectives.
- Flexible and able to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in equity, inclusion and culturally responsive education.
- Ability to motivate and influence others, including teacher leaders, school leaders and central district staff.
- Ability to support and progress monitor implementation of a plan and use data to inform decisions.
- Solutions-oriented problem solver.
- Ability to work collaboratively and creatively to address issues and continuously improve outcomes.
- Strong critical thinker.
- Deep knowledge of adult learning best practices.
- Self-starter – empowered to make in-the-moment decisions and demonstrate consistently strong, effective professional discretion.
- Bachelor’s degree required; M.A. preferred
Our Human Resources Team is an integral part of DPS. Although we aren’t always in the schools, we’re in it for the kids. We work closely with our school leaders to ensure we’re putting great teachers in every classroom, and take great care to ensure DPS hires and retains the highest quality candidates for all roles throughout the district. We do this by incorporating our Shared Core Values—Students First, Integrity, Equity, Collaboration, Accountability and Fun – into everything we do. Additionally, we support retention of our valued team members in a variety of ways including facilitating professional development and performance management activities and designing and managing Total Rewards Programs to help Team DPS achieve health and wellness for themselves and their families. When you join us, you join a dedicated, diverse team of over one hundred professionals who come from many walks of life. One thing we all share is a deep sense of commitment to support Denver Public Schools’ vision: Every Child Succeeds.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Internal Number: 25699
About Denver Public Schools
Denver Public Schools is an innovative, forward-thinking, dynamic urban education district, frequently acknowledged for pursuing innovative ways to drive student performance and close the achievement gap. We have been recognized as one of the top cities in the country for cultivating a healthy environment for school reform to flourish. We are the fastest growing large urban school district in the country and our state assessment scores have grown by double-digits during the last several years. To continue making such strides, we are committed to ensuring that we have the right leaders in the right schools to drive student performance and our vision that Every Child Succeeds.