A Bachelor's degree and Pennsylvania State Teaching Certification in required content area.
Must also obtain 24 additional education credits within six years of hire to obtain permanent certification.
Preferred qualities and attributes include:
- A commitment to accelerating student achievement.
- A desire to eliminate racial disparities.
- The ability to create a positive school and district culture.
- The willingness to foster and promote innovation.
- The ability to be a culturally-responsive educator who knows how to leverage students' unique skills, interests, and learning styles to create a learning experience that unequivocally includes and empowers each and every student.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and energy in making a difference in the lives of students.
- Proven ability to empathize with students and prepare them to achieve academic excellence and strength of character so they have the opportunity to succeed in all aspects of life.
No Residency Requirement
Essential Job Functions
1. Develop and submit lesson plans in the approved format to the Principal. Collaboration with other teachers is encouraged.
2. Implement rigorous curriculum content to students .
3. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying learning styles, needs and interest.
4. Ensure students are demonstrating knowledge and skills through projects and activities.
5. Manage a wide array of student needs and behaviors in the classroom and throughout the school.
6. Provides a safe environment for students.
7. Maintain accurate and complete records of student attendance and grades in a timely and confidential manner.
8. Develop and administer formal and informal student assessments in order to evaluate students' progress.
9. Collaborate with parents, staff, and outside professionals concerning students' progress.
10. Supervise students during fire drills.
11. Follow school procedures pertaining to duty assignments such as lunch, hall, recess, and homeroom.
12. Actively participate in team, faculty and parent meetings, workshops, in-service professional development, and other responsibilities as they arise.
13. Oversees and provides direction to paraprofessionals.
14. Monitors and attends extra-curricular events and social activities.
16. Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with building and district staff.
17. Performs additional duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Principal.