The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the job. In terms of organizational leadership, the MD will:
• Serve as exemplar of organizational values and proactively contribute to the professional community;
• Serve as a member of The Broad Center’s senior leadership team to provide guidance and direction for the organization’s strategic growth and development;
• Lead cross-team and/or organization-wide initiatives as necessary;
• Represent the Broad Residency program to The Broad Center’s Board of Directors; and
• Represent The Broad Center and the Broad Residency program externally to potential candidates, faculty and presenters, media, partner organizations and others in the K- 12 education sector.
In terms of Broad Residency program vision, management and execution, the MD will:
• Set the overall vision, strategy and programming for current and future Residency cohorts;
• Manage the $7M annual budget to achieve goals with strong fiscal management and responsibility;
• Build and maintain relationships with key faculty, expert practitioners and coaches across the country;
• Strategically engage with Residents and alumni to solicit feedback and provide customized support and ongoing development to increase impact; and
• Build and maintain strong relationships with Broad Center network members to assess needs and strengthen the Residency program and other Broad Center initiatives.
In terms of Broad Residency team leadership, the MD will:
• Lead and manage the 14-person team to high performance, including four direct reports;
• Create and implement team strategy and goals for TBR;
• Lead the team to recruit and select annual cohorts of 70+ (growing to ~100) talented leaders for the Residency;
• Manage the team to develop and implement academically rigorous and relevant professional development sessions and independent learning activities;
• Lead cycles of evaluation and strategic planning to enable the team to innovate for continuous improvement; and
• Other duties as required to ensure the Center achieves its mission.