At Pittsburgh Public Schools, teachers have a profound impact on student success, not just in school, but in all aspects of life. Students of effective teachers learn at a faster rate, feel cared for, and are challenged and engaged in their learning. This position is primarily responsible for the planning and provision of education for students.
Pittsburgh Public Schools anticipates potential vacancies for the 2017-18 school year in Art, Chinese, Elementary, English, German, Library Science, Science, Spanish, Special Education, Math, and Music for which we are currently encouraging applications
Essential Job Functions:
1. Develop and submit lesson plans in the approved format to the Principal. Collaboration with other teachers is encouraged.
2. Implement rigorous curriculum content to students.
3. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying learning styles, needs and interest.
4. Ensure students are demonstrating knowledge and skills through projects and activities.
5. Manage a wide array of student needs and behaviors in the classroom and throughout the school.
6. Provides a safe environment for students.
7. Maintain accurate and complete records of student attendance and grades in a timely and confidential manner.
8. Develop and administer formal and informal student assessments in order to evaluate students' progress.
9. Collaborate with parents, staff, and outside professionals concerning students' progress.
10. Supervise students during fire drills.
11. Follow school procedures pertaining to duty assignments such as lunch, hall, recess, and homeroom.
12. Actively participate in team, faculty and parent meetings, workshops, in-service professional development, and other responsibilities as they arise.
13. Oversees and provides direction to paraprofessionals.
14. Monitors and attends extra-curricular events and social activities.
16. Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with building and district staff.
17. Performs additional duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Principal.